Let’s crank it up and think of a hero. A main character for a short-story that will eventually become a screenplay emerges naturally once you answer the following questions:
- Where is he? What is his ordinary world, his comfort zone?
- What does he lack? What does he need? How is the ordinary world NOT satisfying him in that aspect of himself?
- How willing or unwilling is he or she to do something about it?
- What crisis would he need to be confronted with in order to make him or her move and satisfy that need?
- Does he or she have friends? Who are they?
- What about enemies?
- What is his or her age?
- What’s his or her gender?
The last thing you need is a name. And many literary or cinematic heroes don’t even have one.
Begin describing your hero. It could be your final hero, or it could be the hero for one of your first stories. Use the comment section to submit your character. Only use the reply button if you want to comment on your peer’s submission’s.